This year for the Superbowl along with some chocolate chip cookies that I made (I had to get some chocolate out of the house and use it up!) I decided to also do a few healthier snack for everyone to enjoy. I made sure that everyone attending would like it (without asking) and not even realize the healthier option. What did I decide to make you ask? Well, I went with Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, Homemade Guacamole, and Homemade Tortilla Chips. Below will be the recipes and a few photos of these tasty treats!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
1 head of Cauliflower (or more if the party is large)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Buffalo Tabasco Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Cut the cauliflower into smaller florets.
3. Place them into a zip lock bag and add a little salt and EVOO (enough to coat the pieces).
4. Give the bag a little shake!
5. Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and put in the oven for about 30 minutes
6. When done take out of the oven (I usually let it cool a bit) and then put it into a ziplock with the buffalo sauce (amount depends on your spice level) and give a big shake to coat all pieces in the sauce. It is now ready to serve!
3 ripe Avocados
1/2 Red Onion
1. Cut up the avocados and place it into a bowl.
2. Dice the onion into small pieces and place into the bowl with the avocado
3. Add salt to taste.
4. Add the juice of 1 or 2 limes (I used 2 to make sure the avocados did not turn).
5. Serve and enjoy!
Homemade Tortilla Chips
1 bag of Fiber One Garden Vegetable Wraps
Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut up the wraps into 8 ‘slices’
3. Place each slice on the baking sheet on one layer and sprinkle with the sea salt.
4. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the chips are a little brown. Suggestion is to flip the chips after about 10 minutes in the oven.
Everything was a hit! What snacks were at your Superbowl bash? Share in the comments below.