For my Integrative Nutrition health coaching studying I currently have to complete with other students something called Health Histories. I won’t get too much into detail about this but I am sure you can figure out that it deals with you personally about your health and the health of your family. As I am still not yet ready to complete them on friends, family, and potential clients that is all of the info I will be sharing at this time. Don’t worry when I am ready to advance you will all be some of the first to know. But back to the reason for this LOVELY post!
About two weeks ago during one the Health Histories I was doing on the phone the girl and I got to the end. She then tells me in the nicest way possible that I would be a very difficult client for her. At first I wasn’t sure how to take it but then I realized it was a compliment. A week later I was meeting with my peer coach Kristina and we were talking about the health histories we have done thus far and I mentioned what I was told the week prior. She then said to me that I would be a challenge client for her as well. But she was 100% accepting having me as her peer coach because I would be along the lines of what type of client she wants to work with.
The reason for this post only has a little to do with my IIN studies but more to with the challenges that others face and how I have to come to love and accept myself for who I am. It has taken a bit of time for me to be 100% accepting with what I can and can not change. The fact that I am only 5 ft tall I will never get taller (unless I wear heels) so I will just have to accept that. Hey, sometimes it has its perks like you can get better spots at a SRO concert! I have learned how to eat for my body and now I know what it can and can not handle. It was not an easy process to find out but it was worth it in the end. This was my journey and I would not change it for the world.
1. You only get one! There are no do-overs in the end. Humans do not have nine lives like cats 🙂
2. Loving yourself and showing that you are confident in your beliefs is the first step in letting others in to love you as well. That love and confidence will radiate off of you and others will see it!
3. There is no one else on this earth like you. You are so unique you probably don’t even know it. You were put here for a reason so show yourself off and LOVE it!
4. When you love your body it is almost guaranteed that you will become a healthier version of yourself. Why wouldn’t you want to be healthier? I doubt many people wake up and say ‘today, I want to be really unhealthy.’ You may make ‘unhealthy’ decisions (don’t we all once in a while, no one is perfect!) but you can turn those around to more healthy decisions! Give it a try, I dare you!
5. Loving your body will amp up your energy level. This is just about guaranteed! For me, I crave that exercise session each day. My body is currently yearning for the, dare I say, warm weather when I can run outside! My energy level to be fit and do things is as good as it has ever been.
6. You will have a permanent smile on your face and others will want to know where it came from. You will, of course, tell them that you are in love with your body and let them know how they can love theirs too!
So with that said, live in the moment, and LOVE your body!
What ways do you love your body?