On Friday I was looking on the internet to try and figure out what to have for dinner. I came across several recipes for for salmon and really haven’t tried it yet (I am trying out different types of fish) except for a tiny taste when out to dinner with my family. Taking a trip to our local natural/organic supermarket Wild By Nature to get everything needed for dinner. They had organic salmon so we jumped on the opportunity to get it. It wasn’t an inexpensive meal but it was for sure a delicious one!
Health Benefits of Salmon
– It is low in mercury content.
– Salmon contains high levels of Omega-3 making it a heart healthy food!
– Having it as part of your meal makes it a great source of protein.
– It is nutritious containing iron, zinc, Vitamin B6 and B12.
Recipe (based on 2 pounds of salmon)
About 1/2 c soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put the Salmon into the bowl and let it marinate for about 10-15 minutes making sure both sides are well coated.
3. Either use a little EVOO or some cooking spray on the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.
4. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until done.
5. Serve with veggies (we used cauliflower and some tri-colored carrots) (and maybe a little quinoa) and ENJOY!