For those that know me they know I LOVE the kitchen! I love cooking, baking, gadgets and most importantly EATING!
I love the latest and greatest in inexpensive kitchen tools. I love the different and unique items that can be found online and in stores. No, I do not own every single one of them as I do not have room in my kitchen but I do have a nice amount of tools available.
As a recent newlywed, I was fortunate enough to have a lovely bridal shower where I obtained so many wonderful gifts that I registered for (and a few I did not but love just as much!).
Today I am going to share with you my Top 10 Favorite Kitchen Tools (under $30!) that do not require a plug. One item you do need to use in conjunction with something that has a plug but I love it so much I had to include it in this list.
Without further ado my list in no particular order –
- OXO Avocado Slicer – I would consider myself avocado obsessed as I love to eat them on veggie burgers, burrito bowls, in my eggs, put them in my smoothies, and any other way I can find an excuse to use it. Cutting an avocado isn’t always the easiest task, especially getting that nasty pit out of it! I can’t believe it took me as long as it did to obtain one of these. We did register for it but I couldn’t wait to buy it so we bought it way before my bridal shower. It cuts, pits, and slices the avocado in super speedy time. This one comes in at only $9.99 (and if you shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond bring a 20% off coupon!). Since buying I know of 3 people who have purchased because of mine.
- Joseph Joseph 6 Piece Nesting Kitchen Utensils – There will be several items from this company on my list of favorites because I am slightly obsessed with them and wish my entire kitchen was J&J products. I was first introduced to this brand when I stayed at my cousins house in November 2014. It was during this stay that my love for something grew even though I did not own anything that had to do with it. For someone like me who currently does not have a lot of counter space this is such an amazing thing! Mine is slightly different in both style and color than the one currently available but still an amazing investment. This is very close to our stove for nearly everyday use of one of the pieces. The best part of this is each utensil has a little magnet at the top as well as a number so you know how they are supposed to fit. This one is the highest priced item on my list coming in at $27.99 (also available at BB&B!)
- Mercer Paring Knives – This is by far one of my most favorite kitchen tools. There is nothing flashy or fancy about it. I received my first Mercer paring knife about 5 years ago when I took a baking and pastry course. I have a flat edge knife and serrated knife by the same company as well. I never realized the importance of owning one of these until this class. I use it for everything. I would almost call it my kitchen/food lifeline. About 6 or 7 months ago my original one broke (blade came out of the handle) after almost everyday use. I was completely devastated (yeah I said that about a kitchen tool!) and immediately went online to find where I can order. I ended up finding it from a company online in a package of 3 for only $13.14! This was the best deal ever. I literally carry this with me anytime I have food. There have been a few days I forgot to pack after washing to work and it was a real struggle! Get yourself a good paring knife ASAP. Might I suggest a Mercer!
- Joseph Joseph 8 Piece Measuring Cup Set – Another great and innovative product from JJ! I promise I am not making any money or getting anything from Joseph Joseph! I truly just love their products. This measures from 1/4tsp all the way to 1 cup. This 8 piece set locks into each other. No matter which size measure you have out they all can stay together so you don’t lose any part of it. It comes in fun and bright colors. This one is also available at Bed Bath and Beyond and comes in at only $9.99!
- Pampered Chef Mini Serving Spatula – This has been a staple item in my kitchen for years. My mom purchased it from PC many years ago. I am not quite sure how many but it has been in the kitchen ever since. When I moved out this was one of the items my mom made sure I had in my kitchen. It is a small metal spatula that is great for cooking and removing food from hot surfaces. I use this for stove top as well as anything I cook in the oven. Pampered Chef makes such great products you can’t go wrong. In fact, I am hosting my first ever PC party with a fantastic host at my house in about 10 days! If you want to order anything I will send you her info and you can order through my party. This item comes in at $6.50!
- Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker – This is another kitchen staple for me. Same rules applied with my mother as it did with this item. This is the only item on the list that requires the use of a plug item (the microwave). This does come in 3 sizes (small, large, and shallow rectangular shape). I cook veggies and sweet potatoes in my cooker to steam them quick and easy. I don’t use this as much as I used to but it is still a great item to have around. I am not the owner of a stove top steamer because I tend to not steam my veggies if they are cooked on the stove. The Large Micro Cooker is only $12.00.
- Joseph Joseph Can Do Can Opener – Can openers are always an iffy item to purchase because they have the tenancy to be one of the first kitchen utensils to break. I can’t tell you how many I see my mom go through over the years. I wasn’t sure if I was going to get this one or a more traditional larger one. In the end, I decided this compact one was perfect for our home. Not only, like I said, is it compact, but it doesn’t leave you with sharp edges that so many can openers do. This opener holds onto the lid and you can release it into the garbage or save it to re-top your can. We have had it for almost a year now and it still works amazing! This can opener can be yours at BB&B for only $14.99 (less with a coupon!).
- Chef’n Quick Stick Snack Slicer – This item was a surpise gift from my aunt for my shower. She had purchased for me a spiralizer and saw this and thought I would like it as well. It is a great little tool to have for quick veggie slices. This slicer can be found at Sur La Table for $10.00
- Nesting Bowls – These are great for mixing. I use one of the 3 sizes I have all the time. My husband uses it to make his salads. So many great uses for these. I have had mine for years so the ones I have are no longer available but they are from Cuisinart. If I didn’t have a set already I would have purchased one from Joseph Joseph but mine are perfectly fine. There are so many different kinds that you can get. The linked set from Bed Bath and Beyond is $19.99.
- Silicone Spatulas – These are good for scraping the bowl clean. I love to use these when making any type of batter to make sure I get every last drop out of the bowl. I also sometimes use it when cooking on the stove whether in a pot or pan. They are a relatively inexpensive investment but something that is great to have. I have this set in different colors. They clock in at only $4.99 from BB&B!
So there you have it my Top 10 Favorite Kitchen Utensils/Tools. What are some of your favorites? Do you own any on my list? Share in the comments. I will be bringing you a few more lists like this one in the coming weeks (I hope!)
Also if you have a moment can you do me a tiny favor? Click this link and enter your email address! It will help me to win some free yoga gear. I am so close to the goal that I need to get it. This is beyond appreciated. launch.yesiyoga.com/ref/C1044160