Last Thursday evening I had the honor of once again meeting the two ladies who inspire me every single day to wake up, workout, and make me want to be a better person. For those who aren’t sure who I am talking about that would be Karena & Katrina from Tone It Up.
*I did not have a post up last week due to family things going on. I am still going to be sticking to at least once a week (this week I will shoot for 2 to make up for missing!)
I left work a little bit early to take a train into the city with a couple of my Tone it Up Long Island ladies to meet even more LI ladies in Penn Station. From there we walked to the shop where K&K (as we call them!) would be. They were launching a new exclusive line with Bandier.
We waited on line for about an hour chatting, making new friends, and some of the ladies did a little shopping. I had to resist shopping as hard as it was because of my upcoming honeymoon. When I saw the exclusive items online that morning I was 50/50 about them. Seeing them in person made that go to about 90/10! That 10% was only because of the reason I did not buy anything. The line is beautiful. The material is soft and silky to the touch (at least in my opinion) and looks fabulous on the ladies who purchased!
While we were waiting on line we had drinks and snacks being passed out. Core Water is one of their sponsors so everyone got a bottle of that! If you haven’t tried Core go do it! Something about their water is amazing! They also just came out with flavored water which is equally as good (and this is coming from a plain water drinker!). Champagne was passed out which is a favorite (not mine) among the Tone It Up Community. And what would a Tone It Up event be without some amazing Perfect Fit Protein treats? We were gifted the treat of Monkey Bread Muffins (will make at a later date!) and Chocolate Almond Bites. Both were AMAZING! And to hopefully inspire all those who attended they gave Perfect Fit Vanilla packets with Perfect Fit Umbrellas and a recipe card. I took home a couple of packets to make sure I am stocked up for our honeymoon.
The first time I met Karena & Katrina was last year at their book signing. I didn’t get to say more than hello because the store kept the line MOVING! This time I actually got to chat with them. I knew that they were super sweet girls but this really solidified that feeling. Having a few minutes to talk with them made my day and kept me on (as the team says) a TIUhigh or K&Khigh! I also got to meet Kat’s husband Brian who is super awesome and also the founder and team at Charity Miles!
Last night I made a slight variation of the Chocolate Almond Bites that they shared with us. I added a few extra ingredients and changed a couple around. I had 2 this morning as my “pre-workout” as I enjoy these before an indoor #TIUBootyCall!
Here is the recipe that I used for the bites
Perfect Fit Almond Cacao Raisin Bites
1/3 cup oat flour
1/3 cup raisins
8 pitted and soften dates (save the soaking water!)
1/2 cup raw almonds
2 scoops vanilla Perfect Fit Protein
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup cacao nibs
coconut for coating
- Place oats in a blender and make into a flour
- Place soften dates and raw almonds into the blender and get to a pasty consistency.
- Add in Perfect Fit Protein, peanut butter, honey, and raisins and blend in until it is all well incorporated.
- At this point I used some of the water that softened the dates to the mix to make it a softer bite.
- Remove from the blender and add in the cacao nibs.
- Form into small bite size balls and coat in coconut flakes. I did let the “dough” sit for a little before I formed just so it can rest. It was a little easier to handle as they are more doughy than the regular bites I make.
- Place in the fridge so that they can set. Give at least 30 minutes to an hour if not longer and enjoy!
- 1-2 is a serving size 🙂 You may want more but do your best to stick to this!