I made this recipe for the first time the week after I finished my Whole 30. I didn’t get to take many pics the way I had hoped so I decided to make it again (a little different – and forgetting 1 ingredient but still tasting amazing!). I wanted to be able to share its awesomeness with you. When talking to others, some doing a W30 and some not, I told them about this recipe and how I needed to share so they could try it out. It is fairly easy to make but takes a little bit of time and patience. If you have the time to make it, do it! You can even do it over a 2 day period if you needed.
1 medium size spaghetti squash or 2 small ones
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/4-1 1/2 lb ground meat (I have used turkey and chicken)
1-1 1/2 cup cut green beans
Generous handful of spinach – chop it!
1 cup coconut milk
2 eggs (this was the item I missed the second time around!)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1-2 tsp of Flavor God Italian Zest Seasoning
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and take the seeds out
2. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees. I put them in a “brownie pan” cut side down with a little water. Bake for about 40 minutes or until you can cleanly scrape to make it look like spaghetti. At that mark, I usually flip it to let it get a little brown.
3. Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool before I remove the spaghetti.
4. When cool move the squash to a bowl and add the coconut oil and mix it together.
5. Use a brownie pan once again and cover the bottom and side of pan with the squash mixture.
6. Place back in the oven for about 15 minutes so that it can set up.
7. In a pan on the stove cook the ground meat with the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
8. Once that is done remove from heat and add in the eggs (mixed), coconut milk, and green beans, and spinach and mix together.
9. When the squash is done remove from the oven and top with the mixture form step 8.
10. Place back in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until it looks cooked and doesn’t jiggle!
11. Enjoy! You can top with tomato sauce if you wish.