Happy New Year! It will really be a goal of mine to bring you more blog posts in 2017. I have started a few posts already to make it easier for me.
Back in December the new Whole 30 cookbook came out. In New York City there was an event at Hu Kitchen and I knew I had to attend. My last post was a recap of the event. We received a gift bag that included the cookbook as well as a Tessemae Whole 30 approved (not all Tessemae items are compliant with W30!) dressing. In my bag was the Lemon Garlic variety. Since I don’t eat salad I had to figure out a way to use it.
During this time I was also in the middle of my 2nd Whole 30 so this was perfect timing and a perfect opportunity to use a new compliant product (that I haven’t tried yet).
I decided to make some chicken cutlet strips with the Tessemae Lemon Garlic. Below is the recipe and I promise you it came out AMAZING!
Lemon Garlic Tessemae (1 packet or some of the bottle)
2 eggs and a little extra white
Chicken (either thin cutlets or thicker breasts cut into slices as show in the photo)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the Lemon Garlic Tessemae & eggs together in a bowl.
3. Mix the Flax & about 3/4 c almond meal into a bowl. You may need to add more depending on how much chicken you make.
4. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the almond meal mixture.
5. Place on a cookie tray (I also added a cookie cooking rack so that they can crisp all around).
6. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. You can flip halfway through if you wish. If you put right on a lined cookie sheet I highly recommend doing this.
The Finished Product
I paired the cutlets with some delicious homemade tomato soup