I remember how much trouble I used to have making the perfect hard boiled egg. To get it cooked all the way through was ALWAYS an issue. The yolk would always be a bit raw and making egg salad would be half wasteful.
Before I continue I want to say
ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!
She knows what is right. Listening to my mom I learned how to ALWAYS make the perfect hard boiled egg.
Completing several round of the Whole 30 the HB egg has become a staple in my fridge and my diet. I usually eat them as is or topped with a little almond butter. There has been the occasional sweet potato bowl with HB egg protein in it (using an egg slicer and adding the egg to the mix). If you have been following my journey you have seen the many times I have used one of the above variety.
**Another important tip is that the BEST hard boiled eggs do not come from the fresh eggs you just bought at the store this morning. Use the ones you bought last week. This is a huge reason why my fridge ALWAYS has at least 18 eggs in it at a time. In my opinion they boil, cook, and peel better.
Here is how I make the perfect HB egg thanks to my mother –
- Fill a pot with 6-8 cups of cold water. NEVER use warm or hot water when doing this as the temperature plays a huge role in the results.
- Add eggs to the pot. I usually make at least 6 eggs but sometimes more.
- Put your stove on high.
- Let the water come to a rolling boil with the eggs in the pot.
- After about 5 minutes of the boil turn the heat off and cover the pot.
- Let the eggs sit for about 10-15 minutes in the hot water.
- Drain water and run under cold water if you plan to eat ASAP. I say this because they are HOT and I don’t want you to burn your fingers. If they are for later put in the fridge.
- Enjoy! Let me know how this works for you.